GENERAL CONSTRUCTION LABORER
All Resumes should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, appointments to complete job applications will also be scheduled through this email.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES – include the following along with other duties may be assigned.
• Performs maintenance of traffic and flagging.
• Performs job site housekeeping duties.
• Assists with measuring distances from grade stakes, drive stakes, and stretches tight line.
• Bolts, nails, aligns, and blocks up under forms.
• Signals operators of construction equipment to facilitate alignment, movement, and adjustment of machinery to conform to grade specifications.
• Assists with leveling earth to fine grade specifications.
• Assists with mixing concrete.
• Assists with smoothing and finishing freshly poured cement, mortar, or concrete.
• Assists with positioning, joining, aligning, and sealing pipe sections.
• Assists with erecting scaffolding, shoring, and braces.
• Mops, brushes, or spreads paint or bituminous compounds over surfaces for protection.
• Sprays materials such as water, sand, steam, vinyl, paint, or stucco through hose to clean, coat, or seal surfaces.
• Assists with demolishing structures, saws lumber, dismantles forms, removes debris from rubble/excavation piles.
• Always works in a safe and responsible manner.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to follow directions;
• Ability to successfully pass a drug test.
• Must be able to provide your own transportation to and from job sites.
• Handle basic hand tools, such as shovel, pick, broom, hammer, saw; along with larger hand tools including pipe saw, jack hammer., etc.
• Light or heavy handling;
• Job site housekeeping;
• Flagger Certification test to act as flagger.
• Erect construction signs, cones, etc.
• OSHA 10, CPR and First AID certifications.
• Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The employee is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock, and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to high precarious places. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud .